*NEWSFLASH - WE'RE OPEN AGAIN!*
Welcome back to the Thistle Street Bar
We’re delighted to announce that we have now reopened after almost five months in lockdown. However, that doesn’t mean that things are the same as they were before. Of course you’ll still get our famous warm welcome and attentive service but if the last few months have taught us anything , it’s that people come before profit and while COVID-19 still poses a threat we will do everything we can to keep our bar team and our customers safe. With that in mind here are some of the measures we’ve put in place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We appreciate that some of this may seem OTT, but we would appreciate your cooperation where necessary to help us, help you.
- Reduced capacity from 60 people to just over 30.
- Temperature check on entry
- Enhanced measures to allow for one-metre social distancing to take place (although we still have two-metres in certain areas).
- Table service only, no standing at the bar.
- One-way system in operation – enter from Thistle Street and exit onto Thistle Street North East Lane.
- Manual Test & Protect recording system. We won’t ask you to scan anything but will treat your data with the utmost discretion and destroy it securely after 21 days.
- Unfortunately, we don’t currently accept cash, but we do accept most credit and debit cards including AmEx and most contactless payment methods.
- Enhanced cleaning regime.
- Screens between tables for added protection.
- All floor staff will wear masks while serving you
- Our drinks menu has been published online. Click here to view it. Alternatively we can give you a paper copy to browse at your table and take home with you
We hope these measures will go someway to putting your mind at ease and we look forward to seeing you.
Enjoy your visit.
A Traditional Scottish Pub at the Heart of Edinburgh's New Town
Welcome to the Thistle Street Bar, our traditional Scottish pub in the oldest street at the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town. Here you’ll find the best that Scotland has to offer, from our draught beers and lagers and extensive whisky and gin selection.
Grab a drink and enjoy a bit of banter with the regulars and our friendly bar team; or just relax and soak up the atmosphere of a real Scottish pub where everyone is made to feel at home…even the dug!