Following months of lockdown the Thistle Street Bar is planning to reopen on Tue 1st June in line with Scottish Government restrictions.
We’re not currently aware of what the restrictions will be, but rest assured we will again put stringent safety measures in place to keep our bar team and customers as safe as possible.
Thanks again for tour continued support and we look forward to seeing you when we reopen. Until then, stay safe everyone.
Our Covid-19 Safety Measures
- Reduced capacity from 60 customers to 30 (24 indoors and six outdoors)
- Maximum of 4 customers from 2 households
- Enhanced measures to allow for one-metre social distancing to take place (although we still have two-metres in certain areas).
- Table service only, no standing at the bar.
- One-way system in operation – enter from Thistle Street and exit onto Thistle Street North East Lane.
- Manual Test & Protect recording system. We won’t ask you to scan anything but will treat your data with the utmost discretion and destroy it securely after 21 days.
- Unfortunately, we don’t currently accept cash, but we do accept most credit and debit cards including AmEx and most contactless payment methods.
- Enhanced cleaning regime.
- Screens between tables for added protection.
- All floor staff will wear masks while serving you and customers will be required to do the same unless seated.
- Our drinks menu has been published online. Click here to view it. Alternatively we can give you a paper copy to browse at your table and take home with you
We hope these measures will go someway to putting your mind at ease and we look forward to seeing you.
Enjoy your visit.
A Traditional Scottish Pub at the Heart of Edinburgh's New Town
Welcome to the Thistle Street Bar, our traditional Scottish pub in the oldest street at the heart of Edinburgh’s New Town. Here you’ll find the best that Scotland has to offer, from our draught beers and lagers and extensive whisky and gin selection.
Grab a drink and enjoy a bit of banter with the regulars and our friendly bar team; or just relax and soak up the atmosphere of a real Scottish pub where everyone is made to feel at home…even the dug!