Thistle Street Bar COVID-19 Policy
It’s business as usual at the Thistle Street Bar. However, we would like you to know that we take the health and welfare of our customers and staff seriously and have put measures in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in line with official advice. Our measures include but are not limited to:
- Sanitising key touchpoints every 30 minutes including door handles, toilet flushes, sink taps, font taps, card payment terminal and point of sale touchscreen.
- Notices in place to remind customers to wash their hands with hot water and soap before leaving our toilets.
- The removal of straws to avoid the possibility for cross-contamination.
You the customer can help us mitigate the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Washing your hands with hot water and soap after visiting our toilets.
- Avoiding our bar if you have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus such as a persistent cough, fever or shortness of breath.
- Making use of contactless card payments whenever possible to reduce the handling of cash. We have no minimum spend for cards so you can order anything from a bag of crisps to a large round for your friends – and you’ll have their gratitude too!
- Avoiding the handshake as a form of greeting for the time being. Let’s get creative.
Live music update
We fully expect our bar to be quieter than usual midweek with more people instructed to work from home and flights to the UK banned for the time being. This means that we, like every small business, must keep a tight rein on costs during this time. So, we have decided to cancel our midweek live music schedule for the next few weeks. Please be assured that this is a short-term measure so keep an eye on our live music page for a restart date.
Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Thistle Street Bar